Monday, April 11, 2011

C is for Callen

Oh hey, that's my name!

My grandmother named me, and her inspiration for my name was actually a romance novel. She loves romance novels and came across a book with a doctor that had the name Callen. And boom, I was named. She just loved the name.

My family has a little tradition of having first or middle names that are associated with another family member. As examples, my mom's middle name is Kennedy as that's my grandma's maiden name. My mom's first name is Rosemary and my middle name is Rose after my great-aunt Rosemary. My cousin Donny was named after my grandpa Donald. My cousin Cabria's middle name is Judith after my grandma. And so on and so forth.

I actually really like my name. It's simple, I haven't yet to meet a single person (other than internet) to share the same name, and it's fun when people can't figure out how to pronounce it. I make people guess first.

2 comments:

  1. Well you started the A to Z but just kind of fizzled out I guess. Hope all is okay.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... Got too busy to try to keep up unfortunately. I'll try to finish it up on my own time eventually.

    ReplyDelete